Sunny Day in Quillan, France


It was a sunny, warm Sunday on my first full day in Quillan and I set out to explore.


I'm living just outside of Quillan - a short walk along the river to town.


The old chateau towers over the second bridge to town where women used to wash their laundry.


The small square just down from the church is the setting for the Wednesday fruit and veg. market. The Saturday market is held on the main boulevard.


In the afternoon I went for a walk out of town and up into the hills. Quillan is in a basin cupped in the foothills of the Pyrenees.


On my next walk, I hope to reach this small town.


Roses are still blooming at the end of November!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Saskatoon's Persian Store

Brit Foods: Saskatoon’s Very Own British Food Store

Artisan Cheese-Making in Saskatchewan

Au Pétrin Moissagais, Bordeaux